Friday, May 23, 2008

Gary Roberts a Scratch for Game One...?

Seasoned and respected vet Gary Roberts has been told that he will not be playing in tommorrow's game one of the Stanley Cup Finals. Apparently we'll find out after tommorrow's morning skate as to why, but it really doesn't matter.

42 year old Gary has only played 6 of Pittsburgh's 14 playoff games due to a mild case of pnuemonia, but he's so valued on the ice and in the lockerroom with Pittsburgh's young team, I can't imagine why they'd make him a healthy scratch.

Seems this is a case of hockey's many superstitions coming to light. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Pittsburgh's had an amazing run in this year's playoffs and Gary hasn't played too much, so I'm sure the real reason is Therrien doesn't want to mess with his team's chemistry going into the Finals and going against a bit of a juggernaut in Detroit. Still, Roberts won't hurt his team, especially on the fourth line, where he'd be.

I'd love to see the Penguins win the Cup because of Roberts, but I don't like that he's not going to be playing, even if it's only game one. This stinks to me!

2 comments:

Luis said...

They're dressing him for Game 2. I just hope Game 1 wasn't an indicator of how this series will play out.

R.T. Beese said...

Saw that. Meant to post it on the blog, just didn't have time today. I'll be posting tommorrow as he didn't help much today.

I love Roberts, but I still find myself cheering for the Wings. I don't care for either team, but I don't want Crosby's whining or the Pens' diving taking home the Cup, either.

Appreciate you always stopping by Luis.

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online